This is your 33rd week of life. And who or what are you so far?
- You are a wonderful creation of God. Every time we hear about your development or feel you wiggle and squirm, we're amazed that a real human being is growing inside of Mom.
- You are a boy. Somehow we are so happy to start out our family with a son; it just seems right.
- You are a Daddy's boy. He's been kissing you and training you for months to respond to his voice by kicking. (We're not sure if it really works, but we like to think so.)
- You are a sportler. Sometimes you seem to even be kicking both sides of Mom's belly at once, if that is possible.
- You are a night owl. Night is your favourite time get your wiggles out.
- You are friendly. Because of you, old friendships have deepened and new friendships have started.
- You are a stuffed toy collector. You now are the proud owner of two lambs, an elephant, an owl, a ninja, an angel, a star and a turtle. Gifted to you mostly by your aforementioned friends.
- You are easy-going. Never once have you made Mom throw up. You like doing most anything Mom needs to do. You're already positioned with your head down, ready for an easy-going birth (we hope!) when it's time.
- You are strong. Despite your condition, you've kept on growing and developing almost exactly like healthy babies would. Some babies with your condition can't swallow the amniotic fluid around them and their moms end up with excessive fluid build-up. But you must be a strong swallower, since Mom's fluid levels are fine.
- You are loved. By God, by us, and by many, many others. You're our beloved firstborn, and nothing will ever change that.
- You are worth it. Yes, we've cried a lot about you. But you've also given us so much joy.
We're excited to meet you in person, and learn more about who and what you are.